Saturday, December 20, 2008

Arctic Blast 2008

The meteorologists up here can't agree on the forecast. The newspaper said today we should expect 1"-2" of snow, while KGW News said expect up to 6" of snow. Well, KGW was right, we have probably over 6" of snow as of right now, 8:01pm. The snow started while we were asleep and has not stopped since. I love the snow and therefore am delighted. The only problem is the winds are averaging a speed of 20-30mph. This makes a windchill of -2 degrees.

I took a picture of our patio table right before I started blogging so you could see how massive this snow is. Tomorrow some weather folk are calling for freezing rain, but then again they said this storm wouldn't hit until this afternoon and be done by 10:00pm. I don't believe a word they say and I certainly hope they are wrong about the freezing rain.

I just measured the snow on the patio and read 6 1/2", I can't wait to see how much snow we have in the morning!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good old Albany! (not!!!!!!) We've had nothing but rain all night and all day! Pouring rain! We dont trust the weather people either... they were telling us to expect snow here all weekend as well.
Well, have some fun in your snow for us! :)

Jane, Tom, and Charlie said...

snow??? what's snow??? Wind.. now THAT we have!!!!... I don't see any snow!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!