Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snow Day! Again!

Today is our 3rd snow day this week and with what the forecast says it won't be our last. It is so exciting to get an extra week off from school right before Winter Break. As most of you know I sent out our Christmas e-card last week, so I thought it would be fun to post some of the blooper photos from that little photo shoot. Also, I took a few more pictures and a new video of Hank in the snow because he's just so cute.

Around 10:30 the snow really started falling hard again and is still going strong. I am glad that the freezing rain did not hit like they were forecasting, but I still took Hank on his morning walk early in case it did hit. I love snow and I am so excited that we are actually going to have a white Christmas this year (especially because that's my favorite Christmas movie). I think today we are going to go play board games with Ryan's mom and brother to help pass the time. We also ordered Hank some all weather dog boots. Don't laugh, we got them because his paws are so big and his nails are long (we are slowly trimming them down) so they get snow caught in them. We figured they would be good to have for walks because the de-icer can make dogs sick and for when we take him to mountain to play it will help protect his paws from being in the snow for a long time. They should arrive soon and I hope Hank is excited about them. I think I am going to go watch the snow fall and eat some lunch, but enjoy the video and pictures.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dont get your hopes up too high about that white christmas... afterall, we do live in Oregon where the weather forecast changes on an hourly basis! :)
Glad you had an extra day off! And possibly an extra week off! The kids here had to go to school today, but they had a 2 hour delay.

Jane, Tom, and Charlie said...

That's my girl! . . . White Christmas has always been my favorite as well (probably because of Rosemary Clooney) but I have two copies of it, AND two copies of Bing Crosby's LP of White Christmas as well. We still have no snow here... but I have not given up! I really enjoyed your pics, Hank is a sweet dog.