Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Dinosaur Bone

We bought Hank a new bone to chew on the other day. We like to get the real bones that are covered in flavor because Hank has jaws of steel and demolishes the fake ones. So, speaking of jaws of steel. We bought him a bone that was probably 10 inches long, and was a femur from some animal. He loved it, but apparently thought it would be a good time to eat the bone. He broke off the femoral head in one bite and then split the bone in half with another bite. I obviously took it from him and threw it away so he wouldn't choke. Ryan and I both felt bad for having to take his brand new bone away, so Ryan went out the next day to get a bigger version. Well, the next size up was apparently a femur from a brontosaurus. This bone is HUGE! Hank, of course, loves it and thankfully has yet to demolish it. Also, he doesn't chew on his toys when we're gone so I don't have to worry about him breaking off a chunk and choking while I'm at work, what a good puppy. Anyhow, I took some pictures of him working on this Dino bone because it looks silly. Enjoy!

P.S. We will be sending out a photo christmas card in the next few days via e-mail, so keep an eye out.






2 comments:

Jane, Tom, and Charlie said...

Maybe you should have named him "Mongo"... like in the movie "Blazing Saddles" LOL... You know... doesn't know his own strength!
Nice bone Hank!!!

Anonymous said...

lol! that was humorous!