Monday, December 22, 2008

Arctic Blast 2008 Part Deux

Another six inches of snow last night. That is on top of 1/4" ice and with another 6 1/2" underneath. For all you math whizzes out there you know that means over a foot of snow. We are expected to get 20" after it is all said and done. Needless to say, my car is almost completely covered on the street, my lighted penguins are covered, and we have to walk in the street when we take Hank out. We are hoping we can make it down to my family's for Christmas, but I-5 is closed as of now. Ryan's grandparents are snowed in at the beach as well. It may be in interesting Christmas, that's for sure. I obviously took more pictures because I have nothing else to do with my time so look and be jealous or relieved that it's not you stuck in it!

The Backyard

My Car...can you see it?

The Patio Table with 12 inches of snow on it

The Penguins After

The Penguins Before

3 comments:

babbler said...

I love the before and after pictures! I am on the central coast of Oregon and I am jealous of all the snow, we got some too but not enough to cross country ski on, about an inch or two, 5 miles inland. Hope you will be warmer than your penguins! Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Its pretty, but I think that after a few days it would get old!
Still mostly rain down here...we've had some snow this morning, but its not really sticking much if at all!
You'd better make it down here for Christmas! It just wouldnt be the same without you!

Jane, Tom, and Charlie said...

All I c an say is I ENVY YOU!!!!! We have SUNSHINE again today!!!! Clear Blue Skies... and oh yeah... of Course... WIND!!!! SO even though we don't have the White stuff...

WE GOT THE COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!