Sunday, January 24, 2010

Recipes

I have been getting sick of making the same recipes over and over. Although we do have a good list of regular recipes and it's pretty long, I am still getting bored with it. So, lately I have been keeping my eye out for new recipes and going through my cookbooks. I made an enchilada casserole the other day, which was delicious. I then made a spinach, provolone and Italian sausage pizza followed the next night by a spinach, white bean, and Italian sausage casserole. Both of those recipes turned out really good as well, and Hank got a whole sausage to himself on white bean casserole night (I dropped a cooked one onto his drool covered place mat, so I let him have it).

This week I am making some recipes from my Rachel Ray cookbook. On Monday I made something called Salsa Stoup with Double Decker Baked Quesadillas. It was soooooo good! It really tasted almost like warm soupy salsa and dipping the two layer quesadillas was delicious. It was so easy to make as well. Ryan and I decided to add it to our regular recipe list it was so delicious. Tonight I am making another Rachel Ray recipe called Ginger Vegetable Chicken Noodle Bowl. It will be like an Asian noodle soup pretty much and it sounds delicious. I will have to report back and let you know how they turn out.

For Christmas I got a kitchen scale and a food processor. I use the kitchen scale a lot and it is so helpful for making sure you have the right amount of chicken or ground beef for your recipes. Tonight I am going to be using the food processor to shred the carrots, and grate the garlic and ginger. I used it the other day to try and julienne some veggies for stir fry and it went okay, but had a hard time with some of the veggies. The julienne blade is also called a french fry blade, so I think it would work best with heftier veggies. Either way, I am having a lot of fun using my new gadgets and trying new recipes.

Next recipe on the docket:
Balsamic Glazed Chicken with Smoked Mozzarella and Garlic Rice Pilaf

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I would love it if you doubled your recipes and brought some to us! :)

Ryan & Jen said...

OR you guys could come up to us! Hopefully we'll have a big new house to accommodate ya'll soon :)