Sunday, August 30, 2009

One Last Blast

Today was our last day of freedom before we have to go back to work tomorrow. Fortunately, it was a fantastic, fun filled day! We slept in, of course, and then we got ready to meet Steve, mom, Timmy, and Brandon at Oaks Park for Steve's company picnic. Since it was a company event we got free food AND free rides! We went on a good number of rides and were all thankful mom was there for the added entertainment of her screeching/laughing. The last ride I went on the day, which was after lunch, was the Spider. It spun and tilted up and down and the seat we were in spun as well, so my stomach was definitly done after that one. Ryan attempted to take some pictures of mom and I on that ride, but we kept spinning right as we got by him. I will post the before picture and his attempts of action pictures.
After Oaks Park, we went home a rested for a little bit before meeting up with some friends for mini-golf. I guess coming from Beaver Falls mini golf in Corvallis I am spoiled, but this place was awful. Most of the obstacles were bricks placed on the ground. Either way though, we had fun. Ryan's friend Darrin was the only person to get a hole in one, but all of us got the max of 8 strokes on at least one hole. After golf was done our friends took us out to dinner at a place called Salvador Molly's. It has a very unique menu with a combo of food froms different cultures. Ryan and I both enjoyed our meals, and the free peanuts before the food arrived.


Now I am home. Ryan is going to a friends house to watch Entourage, an HBO show. I ate too much so I am going to lay low and move the least amount possible until bed. Tomorrow I will not sleep in. In fact I may need to get some morning coffee to help me wake up, but alas, I am glad to start the grind of school again.

No comments: