Only two more weeks until school is out and we move to our new house. We are both extremely excited for both of those events. As would be predicted the kids are getting anxious to get out of school and it seems with anxiousness comes listening problems, which is slightly annoying. Both Ryan and I have mailed it in for the year and are just playing fun games with the kids in the remaining days. It would be silly to try and actually teach new skills at this point, and around this time of year we get kicked out of our gym A LOT, so it's also nearly impossible to do anything productive with the kiddos anyways. I have field day on Friday, which is a day when all the kids get to rotate through a ton of fun stations and play and have fun. This event is planned by me and falls completely on my shoulders, but being the well planned, slightly OCD person I am it is planned and ready to go. I am not really too nervous about it and feel like it will go off with only a few hitches. I still have some loose ends to wrap up, but I will get that done tomorrow and then I'll just wait and see how Friday goes. Ryan has been gracious enough to take a personal day and volunteer to help me setup all 37 of the stations along with the two parent volunteers I was able to round up. We will have to get there at like 6 am to make sure we get it all set up in time, but it will be worth it because the kids have a blast. Other than that we are counting down the days until summer vacation. Being a teacher is fantastic :).
This last weekend we decided that we really should start packing for our big move. We packed up the office closet, which really never got unpacked. I also started packing up all the extra blankets we have and the winter sheets. Other than that though we realized it will be hard to pack much else because we use the kitchen stuff and bathroom stuff on a daily basis and besides that there isn't much else to pack! It's amazing how much stuff you realize you don't have when you move, which isn't a bad thing at all. I'm just glad we are not pack rats like some people, it just makes life so much easier. In fact whenever I move I get rid of stuff I haven't used in the last year and I have encouraged Ryan to do the same. Although, he's rather attached to some of his clothes from HIGH SCHOOL!!! and it took some convincing that it was okay to give it away because he bought it so long ago it's lost any value it once had. When moving day rolls around we plan on having moved most of the boxes the day before so that we only have to focus on the furniture. Alex has been kind enough to offer the services of his truck and muscles to help with the move and I believe we may borrow a family friends truck as well that day so we can knock it out quickly. My mother has also offered to come up and help, so I'm sure if she decides to we can put her to work as well. Either way, I can't wait to move and take pictures of the new place so you all can see our awesome new house and YARD! Hank is going to be sooooooooooo happy :). The only bad thing is that our landlord said we cannot have a puppy :( which is fine because Hank is more than enough for us. We have also purchased some new patio accessories such as a tablecloth for our rusty patio table, matching pillows for our new patio chairs, matching cups and plates for outside AND this awesome candle holder that wraps around the umbrella and sits in the middle of the table. When we move we will also get the opportunity to use our new grill that Kelli got us for Christmas, along with all the grilling accessories she got us. Consider this an open invitation to come up for a BBQ, just let us know in advance because since we have all summer off who knows what we'll be up to! Oh and did I mention we have all summer off?
If you want to check out the roof of our house and yard here is the link:
http://maps.google.com/ and type in our new address 8009 SW 54th Ave, Portland OR 97219, then choose the satellite view from the top right hand corner of the map and zoom in!
2 comments:
It sounds like you survived your first year teaching quite well, and I am proud of you both! Congratulations on the new house and I hope you enjoy making it your new home. You never realize how much there is to buy, until you start decorating a new home! ... Have fun in the back yard Hank! and kids, enjoy your summer!
Wow, can you come teach Derek how to get rid of things??? He'll be mad at me when he reads this comment ;)
Cant wait to see your new place. I'm sure its great! Of course, I liked your current place too.
Have fun at field day! I'm sure you'll do great! I always LOVED field day when I was in elementary school!!
Post a Comment