We've been here for a little under a week and are mostly settled in. We bought a new bedframe and headboard and a new couch. In addition the the furniture we also adopted a dog from the Oregon Humane Society. He is big, but we fell in love with him. He is a German Shepherd/Alaskan Malamute mix, and we think he has some Shar-Pei in him because he has a ton of extra skin! He LOVES people and is very well behaved. He seems to be adjusting fairly quickly considering this is the 3rd place he's lived in the last week. He was a stray to begin with and someone took him in, unfortunately, that person got sick and had to go stay in the hospital so they gave him up to OHS. He was at OHS for just 5 days before we adopted him, so he's had a lot of change in his life lately. The only adjustment issue I am seeing is he doesn't want to eat on his own. I have to bring him to the food bowl and give him a few pieces of kibble out of my hand and then stand nearby while he eats (if I leave the room he stops eating). Even then though he only eats a little bit, but I am going to get some wet dog food to mix in with the kibble and then slowly remove the wet food to get him to eat on his own. Other than that he is a great dog, oh and he's 4 years old, and he's a great match for us!
Those are the big updates we have as of now. We plan to get a dresser that matches our bedframe at some point, but the large purchases are on hold for a little while since we just got the bed and sofa. Also, it seems that nobody on my side of the family will be able to make it for the house warming, which I understand and am not offended. I would though like for all of you to come up and visit, so maybe after the wedding we can figure out a weekend that works for everyone and do a BBQ for ya'll.
In addition we just wanted to thank MOM, STEVE, and UNCLE MIKE for helping us move! We would not have been able to do it without you! I am slowly adjusting to my new life up here still, it is just not the same as Corvallis!
We love and miss all of you and hope to see you soon! Enjoy the slideshow of pictures!
2 comments:
I love your new place and I can't wait to meet Hank.
And believe it or not I am so happy for you but miss you dearly.
Love Mom
That is a big Dog! Welcome Hank! . . . I like the slide show... I gotta learn how to do that! Too cool!
You know we would Love to be there for your house warming. But, it's a long way to go for a party... and then... when we get into our house you'd have to come to ours and that just would get real expensive and I don't like to drink and fly... and ... and .... WELCOME HANK!!!!
We Love you!
Post a Comment