Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Trip To Beaverton

Jennifer and I went up to Beaverton on Monday to look for places to live once our lease is up in July. After numerous Craig's List postings and ads in the Oregonian, we went through an absolute ton of places. After looking all day Monday and in the morning on Tuesday, we only found one property worth our time, which was a 3 bedroom duplex in Beaverton in a pretty nice part of town. To put us at ease, we both hoped the duplex was decent.

Saying that this place was decent would be a huge understatement: this place was amazing. 2-story, 1800 sq. ft. duplex with walk-in closets in almost every room. The property also accepts dogs, has a fenced backyard and overall is just really nice inside and out. The catch is that the rent is $1300/month and while it is a little more than we wanted to spend, we could not pass it up after looking at some of the other suspect rentals in Beaverton. The landlord of the place is also really nice, constantly maintains the property and lives about 10 minutes away, which is really good for us. After little debate, we are currently in the process of applying for the duplex and will be well on our way to getting it! The current renters will be moving out July 22nd, so the anticipated move in date would be around the 24th of July. Overall, the house search went very well and we are both stoked to be moving up and getting settled before the school year.

For the first time in a long time, I actually have good news for me on the job front. I got a call from an elementary school in North Clackamas about a 0.8 (1.0 = Full Time) position and I also have scheduled an interview with Cedar Park Middle School in Beaverton for a 0.75 position up there. My interview with Clackamas is on the 30th @ 10:30am and my interview with Cedar Park is July 1st @ 9:30am, which means I'll be back up in the Metro area for a few more days. I would be thrilled to take either of those positions pending any major flaws and I have two other jobs that close on the 30th, so we'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome you guys! I hope you get that duplex, it sounds really nice!
Keep us posted on those jobs, Ryan! You'll do great!

Karla said...

Very awesome news all the way around. Good job and I hope everything goes as planned. I can't wait to see it.
Let us know how the interviews go.