Friday, June 20, 2008

Good Day!

Alright so we caved and decided to join the blogging world. The purpose of starting a blog is to keep you all updated on our lives since we will be moving away soon. We decided by doing a blog we can reduce the number of e-mails we'll have to type and we can answer all of your questions in one place.

Ryan's Job Search:
No, Ryan doesn't have a job yet. The good news though is that he has applied to 4 jobs in the Beaverton School District and we're crossing our fingers he gets interviews for ALL of them. He also has an application with North Clackamas and Sherwood, but they have yet to contact him. If he got a job in Beaverton we would be ecstatic. Three of the positions he has applied for are full time elementary positions, and the other is a 0.8 middle school position. If he were to get the middle school position he would teach 1 sixth grade class, 2 seventh grade classes, and 2 eighth grade class and he would have Tuesdays off. That is all the news we have on the job front though. The positions all close in the next week, so hopefully he'll have interviews next week.

Moving:
Our lease is up at the end of July and I start work mid-August, so we are going to begin looking for places to live in the Metro area on Monday and Tuesday this coming week. We will probably have to pay double rent for half of July most likely because we want to get moved by mid-July so we have time to unpack and get settled and get a doggy!!! before I start work (and hopefully Ryan too). We are going to look at houses because I am sick of living in pretend houses (apts, townhouses, etc). We also want a yard and a fenced backyard so our dog has somewhere to play and hang out. We will keep you posted on the house hunt too.

Other than that we have just been hanging out and enjoying having NOTHING to do. It is starting to get a little boring, but I am totally okay with that. We both have started working out everyday because I have obtained a Pillsbury Doughboy physique during the last year of hell (AKA grad school) and we just want to get back into the routine of working out daily.

Feel free to enjoy our blogging at your convenience!

4 comments:

Charlie said...

Hmmmm.... I have to learn this new blogging thing. Now you and DnA have them. I don't do so good at new things. . . but I will learn.
I really am glad that I was able to come out and see you both get your degrees. It was a very fast, very busy trip. .. worth every minute!
The pictures and mini videos came out nice and I will share them soon.
I will pass the website on to Jane as well.

Talk more later!

Karla said...

Nice way to leave your mother but give her a blog to read about.
I will really enjoy it and keeping up on the happenings in your life.

Love you
mommy

Uncle Mike said...

Good to hear you're in tune with the blogging as a way of keeping all informed. Please let Heidi and I know when you're ready to move we'd (I'd) love to help. I gotta truck and can pull a very large trailer if need be.

Good luck on the job search and both of you enjoy your down time, you're earned it.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! Glad to have you join us!

Aww, we're really going to miss you two when you go!

Ryan, good luck with those prospective jobs! You're bound to get one of them! You are both going to be fantastic teachers!