Sunday, June 22, 2008

Green or Brown or Somewhere in between?

So Ryan and I are perfect for each other in many ways (duh!), but one of those ways is our taste in B-a-n-a-n-a-s (cue Gwen Stephani). I was just reminded of our Nanar connection this evening when I waltzed into the kitchen and Ryan says, "The last banana is yours" with a disdainful look on his face. So, I peek at this 'last' banana to see that it has developed spots, of the brown variety. I was like, "Hey, pass me that banana, I will eat it right now. It's perfect!" I then enjoyed my sweet, easy to peel, banana. If you haven't picked up on it yet, I'll lay it out for you.

Ryan=bananas that still have green on them
Jen=bananas of any color, but prefers some brown spots

I think that bananas that have some brown on them are delicious because of the sweetness the banana has developed on its path to rotting. Mind you I prefer more yellow than brown, too much brown and it becomes banana bread. Ryan thinks that they need to have green on them when we buy them and likes to eat them that way. This is why we're perfect for each other. We never waste bananas! If they're too ripe for him, I eat them and if they aren't ripe enough for me he eats them.

Anywho, the point of this was to poll my reading audience of like 5 people because I was curious if I am the only over-ripe banana eater I know. I have placed a poll on the side of the blog for you to vote, so please inform us of your preference. This could be good ammo for a banana dispute we may have some day ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That totally describes me and Derek! I eat them while still a bit green, and after that they are pretty much too ripe... Derek eats them when they are yellow and brown! So we never waste banana's either!

Uncle Mike said...

Heidi also likes them a little greener than I. We do consume them all one way or another.