Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Paint and Pools

Last evening we finally got around to painting the office. As you have seen from the pictures of our office from when we moved in, it was UGLY. Split pea soup green should be reserved for just that, split pea soup. We settled on a nice, bright, cheery blue called Isle of Capri. The painting process was a challenge due to the green color fighting back. We bought the new Behr paint that is a primer/paint combo so you don't have to do multiple or as many coats, but alas, we had to do multiple coats. It seemed that just when we thought we had covered up the green it would poke its ugly head out again. It took two solid coats and then touch ups throughout most of the room. We really like the result and I don't know about Ryan, but I feel much more relaxed in this room now.

In addition to painting yesterday, I also purchased a plastic kiddie pool. As the weather only continues to get warmer I thought that it would be nice to have a pool to drape my feet in while I sat in the shade. I also was hoping that maybe Hank would want to cool down in it as well. I rather enjoyed my time with my feet in the pool yesterday. I took my book out, set up my tiny lawn chair and relaxed. Hank on the other hand wanted nothing to do with the pool. He did like having a giant water bowl available though. Ryan and I were convinced that if Hank just got in the pool he would realize that it wasn't so bad, so in went his toys. Hank being the intelligent dog he is decided to try and find ways to get his toys without getting in the pool, which worked with the toys that floated. So, Ryan and I got smarter that our dog and found toys that would not float and therefore force Hank to get in the pool to fish them out. This worked. Although hesitantly, Hank did get his paws, first two then four, into the pool. Before that though he did try digging the toy out of the water. Little does he know you can't dig a hole in water, but there is a short video of him trying :). We started kicking his sunken tennis ball around under water and Hank actually enjoyed himself trying to get it and wagged his tail for us. Unfortunately, he will not go in that water for any reason other than to get a toy AND even then it is his last resort. If we are not out there to coax him into the pool, he just finds a different toy.


Other than no new news. It is supposed to 100 on Monday and 102 on Tuesday, so we may go to the beach again. Hank and I have doggy class tonight and we will see what new obstacles they throw our way. Hank has actually been doing an amazing job with our training and we are very excited with the progress we have made already.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Jenny youre missing legs in that picture of you and Hank in the pool!
I LOVE the color of the new improved office! Looks 130% better!
Is that chair molded to Ryan's butt yet?

Jane, Tom, and Charlie said...

We like the color in the office much better! . . . The pics are great! and... Hank, is SO CUTE!!!

I think the video was cute... and sad... Mommy! I WANT MY BALL!!! pooorrr Hank!
Hank, Papa feels for you! Woof!