Friday night, I was playing squash and some idiot I was playing took a huge back swing and hit me in the face with his racquet. After a good amount of blood and a sigh of relief that I was wearing goggles, I had 3 stitches put in to close the wound late last night. I personally didn't want to get stitches at all, but Jenny insisted I had it done so it would not leave an ugly scar and this otherwise perfect face.

Anyway, the big news of the weekend was not my assault on the squash court, but our lovely puppy dog. As you're well aware, Hank has had some issues regarding socialization and getting along with dogs in general. Our next door neighbor recently got a 7 month old Rhodesian Ridgeback. Since they were both outside, Jennifer thought it would be a good idea if they both met each other with the hope that they would be able to get along. It didn't start well, as Hank barked and pounced on the neighbor dog in an attempt to establish his dominance. After a few minutes of eyeing each other from a distance, both dogs were able to walk up and sniff each other with no problems! Needless to say, Jenny and I were very proud of Hank and the progress he has made interacting with dogs. The neighbor dog did end making a quick movement away from Hank, which caused Hank to bark and let her know who the boss was.
Other than that, nothing too exciting is going on. We're slowly but surely filling up our house with furniture. We recently bought a coffee table and two matching end tables for the living room. The next task at hand is buying lamps for the end tables, which we are doing right now. Work is good for both of us, the basketball team we are coaching is driving us crazy and we both cannot believe it's the end of January already!
1 comment:
Scars are a sign of "manlyhood" (don't look it up, it's only in a Man's dictionary)... Good on Hank, Ridgebacks are fighters and he had a right to establish his territory! Now he has just to show her his kinder ... gentler side. GRRROOOWFFFF!!!!!
ps. It's nice to see you in on the posting Ryan... Welcome!
psps... I know my Cardinals Suck!
Post a Comment