Saturday, November 22, 2008

Second Post of the Day!

Well I think we have decided to maybe not get a new TV on black friday. It seems that all the TV's in the ads are not on a very good sale to begin with and most of them are not models we are interested in. This means we will be doing more research and more watching of TV's. We also decided that we would rather not drop a bunch of money on a TV right before Christmas. With the economy going the way it is, prices may drop after the holidays anyways, so we are just going to wait and see. Other than the TV debacle, we are doing well. I am pretty much constantly sick and have taken two sick days already this year, which sucks. I hate having to get a sub because they most often are not PE teachers and have no idea what they are doing. My last sub was terrible and I had multiple staff members tell me not have her back, which I won't. My first sub was great though, and I will request her next time I am sick...which will be soon I'm sure. The sickness comes with being a first year teacher though, all the new germs and especially in PE where I am touching all the equipment they touch. Ryan apparently has an immune system of steel because he's had one cold that lasted about one day and happened after he weakened his immune system with spirits. Ryan swears he won't call in sick once this year, but I'm sure if he keeps making out with Hank he'll catch something.

Other than that not much is going on up here. Soccer doesn't start until February, so I have been trying to get to the gym or take Hank on a jog instead of walk in the morning to get my exercise in for the day. It has been hard getting into a routine of working out though because I am sick so much. Ryan plays squash between two and three times a week, and takes Hank on a jog a night so he gets plenty of exercise. I don't have much to do up here and get bored a lot because I don't know anyone, but I'm sure I'll find some friends eventually. Anywho, two posts today! Yay me!

Oh, and my Christmas list will be finished soon. So be expecting it.

1 comment:

Jane, Tom, and Charlie said...

It's really ... REALLY good to read your blog. I also thank you for the pictures. I enjoy seeing you kids (and Hank) happy.

Take care of your health and don't get cabin fever!!!